Decorating the apartment with beautiful and modern accent pieces can unfortunately quickly become very expensive. The old bedside table needs to be replaced or refreshed or the wall color in the living room has become too monotonous and boring for you? Homemade decorations made of paper or old furniture are not only cheap, but they also protect the environment and create a unique and inviting atmosphere in your home. Are you looking for simple yet cool DIY projects? Then read on – in this article we have put together many creative ideas for home decorations!
Home-made decorations are an excellent way to give your home a distinctive look quickly and in a budget-friendly manner. They are also a great gift idea for family and friends.
Decorate Home with flower vase colorful
Whether for the bedroom or living room or the kitchen – fresh flowers give every room a spring-like feeling and ensure a good mood. But what is the use of a beautiful bouquet without the right vase? Flower vases have always been a real eye-catcher and the best thing is that you can spice them up and decorate them in no time!
Flower vase decorates required materials:
- An old vase
- Spray paint of your choice
- Adhesive film or finished, self-adhesive stickers
- Disposable gloves
Step by step instructions:
- Line the work area well with the newspaper and put on the disposable gloves.
- In this step, you can either make a new pattern with the adhesive film or use ready-made, self-adhesive stickers.
- Spray the flower vase completely with the desired color and let the color dry completely.
- Finally, remove the foil and your flower vase is ready!
Make your own room decoration – this is how you can turn an old book into a flowerpot
Everyone has them – the old books that have already been read and just don’t want to throw away. Awakening old objects to a new life have been in vogue for some years now and you will be surprised what wonderful accent pieces you can conjure up from them. Our next suggestion for a planted book is clear proof of that. So that you can enjoy it for a long time, we recommend that you choose a plant that requires little water.
You will need:
- An old book
- Cutter knife
Planted book DIY instructions:
- In the first step, glue the pages of the book together from the outside and let them dry for about 2 hours.
- Cut a rectangular hole for the plant in the sides with the cutter knife.
- Then arrange the plants in the hole as you like and finally fill them with cactus soil.
Modern, funny decoration ideas – make your own decorative cushion
Sometimes it is the small details that determine the mood in a room and you can never have enough pillows. Simple and finished in less than 10 minutes – decorated decorative pillows are perfect for all beginners who want to make their home decorations themselves. Below we have a step-by-step guide for a personal monogram pillow.
Cushions decorate required materials:
- A white or light pillowcase
- Acrylic paint of your choice
- Fine brush
- piece of paper
Here’s how easy it is:
- First, draw out a template of the desired size and cut it out with scissors or simply print out a template from the Internet.
- Then place the template on the pillowcase and trace with a pencil.
- And finally, paint in with a brush and acrylic paint.
- The procedure will work just as well with decorative pillows with fabric covers.
Home decoration yourself – the photo wall clock as an accent for the living room
And why not have the unique and beautiful memories in view around the clock? This self-made photo wall clock will always bring a smile to your face.
You will need:
- Clockwork and hands that you can mount on the wall
- Polaroid photos or postcards
- double-sided tape or decorative tape
Tinker decoration – photo wall clock DIY instructions
- Attach the clock to the wall according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Then stick the photos in a circle around the clock with the adhesive tape and your personalized wall clock is ready!
Make your own room decor for the kitchens – coffee cups shelf from old pallets
Are you a tea or coffee lover? Many wonderful and at the same time useful furniture and decorations can be made from old pallets. For example, create more space in your kitchen and display your coffee mugs with this homemade shelf. For an even more personal touch, you can, for example, paint the word “coffee” with a little acrylic paint or a nice and encouraging saying for a good morning.
- A euro pallet
- wood screws
- little hooks
Make coffee mug shelf from pallets yourself Instructions:
- In the first step, the boards that you will not need are sawed off.
- If you want a smoother surface, you can still grind the palette.
- Use a ruler and pencil to mark and drill the locations for the hooks.
- Secure the hooks on the pallet.
- Finally, put the shelf upright and attach it to the wall.
Make your own home decorations – make candle holders out of wood yourself
Wonderfully scented candles always create a warm, romantic and inviting atmosphere. If you want to bring a bit of individuality and creativity into the decoration of your home, then this wooden candle holder is just the thing for you. Below we show you how you can make a candle holder as a room decoration yourself.
- Thick birch branch
- Fine-grain sandpaper
- Spray or acrylic paint of your choice
Step by step instructions:
- If necessary, cut the branch to the desired size and sand the ends smooth using a sanding block.
- Use a pencil to mark the distance in which the holes for the tea lights should be.
- Use the drill to drill the holes and then smooth them with the sandpaper to remove excess chips or pieces of wood.
- Paint or spray the branch with paint of your choice and let it dry completely overnight.
- Insert tea lights, light them and enjoy the atmosphere!
Rustic meets modern with this self-made side table made from a tree trunk
Simple and yet very unusual – bring a piece of nature into your living room with this tree side table!
You will need:
- Tree trunk
- abrasive paper
- Spray paint of your choice
How to make a tree side table Instructions:
- First, sand the top surface and the rough edges to the desired smoothness with the sandpaper.
- Carefully clean the trunk with the root brush.
- And finally, paint the tree trunk with acrylic or spray paint of your choice.
- Depending on your wishes, you can use the tree trunk directly as a side table or attach a small glass plate to it for a more modern look.
Make home decorating ideas yourself – it’s so easy to make a lamp out of feathers!
Stylish designer lamps are real eye-catchers and give every room that certain something, but unfortunately not everyone can afford such a piece of jewelry. Therefore, we will show you how you can make a feather lamp as a home decoration yourself in no time! Whether you make a floor lamp for the side table in the living room or use a ceiling lamp as an accent is up to you.
Materials needed for the feather lamp:
- A floor lamp with lampshade in white or beige.
- Real feathers in white or color of your choice – the combination of black and white feathers looks particularly luxurious and provides a nice contrast.
- hot glue
Make a spring lamp yourself Instructions:
- Start at the bottom of the lampshade and apply hot glue to the feathers.
- Depending on the size, leave a gap of 1-2 cm and stick the next row of springs slightly offset.
- Repeat the process until the entire lamp is completely covered with springs.
- A ceiling lamp is made in the same way, except that you use a lampion instead of a standard lamp.
- Now just switch on and the new lamp is ready!
Make the room decoration yourself – spice up the hallway with a self-made wardrobe
From free-standing coat stands to models hanging on ropes or branches – self-made coat stands are real eye-catchers and a very creative way to give the entrance area in your apartment a personal touch.
Home decorations yourself – More creative and modern decorating ideas to imitate.
Give your old chest of drawers a completely new look with a new coat of paint and a funny wallpaper of your choice.
Bring a little color into your decoration with these decorative pillows decorated with colorful pompoms.
Practical and very stylish – say goodbye to the chaos in your drawer with a homemade jewelry stand.
Does the old coffee table have to go? How about making one out of wood as a room decoration yourself?