Facts About Friendship Day
To make your Friendship Day 2019 a little bit funny we have for you all a little known fun facts about the Friendship Day. Here they go:-
- The Friendship Day was originally promoted by the owner of Hallmark Cards Joyce Hall in the 1919 and devoted the 1st Sunday of August as the Friendship Day.
- The General Assembly of the United Nations declared 30th July as official International Friendship Day on 27th April 2018.
- The day is celebrated on different dates in different countries depending on their own history of it.
- Women’s Friendship Day is celebrated on 3rd Sunday of September.
- The complete February is dedicated as the International Friendship month.
- The immortal song “With a Little Help from My Friends” by The Beatles which deals with the theme of Friendship was released in 1967 which is still a very famous song to be dedicated to the friends on the Friendship Day.
- The day has a popular custom of celebrating it by offering Yellow and pink roses to the Friends.
- The Pooh – A famous cartoon character was World’s Friendship Ambassador in the year 1997 and is still famous and can be seen carved on the Friendship Greetings Card.
- Social Networking Sites was the main support in the popularity of Friendship Day in Bangladesh and Malaysia.
- Old Friends and New Friends week is celebrated in the 3rd week of May.