For Fun Facts about Memorial Day for Kids 2020, you have to read this On Memorial Day Weekend 2020 In US- Certain things in the world came into existence due to some of the greatest, beautiful and gravest event that took place and it were these which later been considered to either get itself noted by involving it into our culture and tradition and moreover making it among a celebration moment.
What is Memorial Day?
Memorial Day is one such day and an event that speaks of honor and pride for the country and that this pride and honor is what those soldiers have bought in by serving for their country without even thinking for their own lives and that is what this day celebrates on a larger scale and it is this period which experiences things being so glorified for the country and so people from all across the country from different states visit the place just to experience something good. Many states claimed for the origin of Memorial Day but it is a debated subject.
Fun Facts about Memorial Day for Kids
The countdown for Memorial Day has been started; few days are remaining to celebrate the day. Every year Memorial Day celebrated on last Monday of May month, this year the date falls on the date 25 May 2020. Many of us don’t have much information or facts about Memorial Day and want to know the facts.
So here in this article, we are sharing Fun Facts about Memorial Day for Kids and Interesting Memorial Day Facts Stories you didn’t know about. Take a look at the following info and celebrate Memorial Day with more passion and enthusiasm towards the nation.
- More than 800 Hotdogs consumed per second in United States of America during Memorial Day as per National Hotdog and Sausage Council
- 57 Percent who will barbeque on the same day as per Grilling gurus at the Hearth, Patio and Barbeque Association
- Top choices for grilling will be burgers 85%, steak, 80%, hotdogs (79%) and chicken (73%) with no sign of turkey anywhere in the ratings
- 5 million TV viewers of the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, D.C.
- Memorial Day Parade in Washington DC marks the largest of its kind on the U.S. and more than 250,000 live spectators.
Interesting Memorial Day Facts Stories
- started with Civil War – Memorial Day was a response to the exceptional carnage of the Civil War, in which some 620,000 soldiers on both sites died.
- It was first known as Decoration Day – Some of us know about it, but still. Memorial Day is firstly known as this name in civil war era and after world war II it extended as memorial Day
- Memorial Day Marked as Beginning of Summer Vacations while Labor Day as the end.
- In 1968, Memorial Day was moved from its traditional 30 May date to the last Monday in May in order to ensure a three-day weekend
- The National Moment of Remembrance was established in 2000, at 3 PM on Memorial day
I hope you like this article named Fun Facts about Memorial Day for Kids, Interesting Memorial Day Facts Stories. Share it with your friends on social networking sites by clicking on the following sharing options. Stay tuned for more Interesting and Fun Facts about Memorial Day.